Sending email through your GMAIL account is only advisable if you have connected your Domain Emails address to your GMAIL account.
Unfortunately, delivery of email sent through GMail cannot be tracked.
However, it can be advantageous as GMail delivery is sometimes less likely to be considered SPAM than a free SendGrid account.
To set this up:
- Ensure your Domain Name email is connected to GMAILIdeally you will setup your Google Account using your domain name email address
- e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org – (where “domainname.com” is your domain name)
- Login to your Google Account .(as per image)
- Go to this URL: https://myaccount.google.com/
- If you have a GSuite Account you may first need to configure your User Account in https://admin.google.com
- Then go back to myaccount.google.com
- Go to Security
- Ensure Less Secure Apps is turned ON.
- If not.. set to ON and save.
- In Bookings Essential go to “Settings-Email Settings”
- Select email server “User Domain SMTP Server”
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Username: email@example.com (your domain email address)
- SMTP Password: Gmail Login Password of your domain account.
- SMTP Port: 587
- SSL Enable: Checked
- Save Email Settings
- Send Test Email to an alternate email address in the “Clients-Contact Details” email client button.